20 November 2013

I'm such a tardy tortoise!

Apologies for the update delay. Between having a busy week, and my homestay laptop being consistently a pain more so than usual, I haven't had the chance to write about my week.
 
Last week I saw One Man Two Guvnors (which was very good) over at the Theatre Royal Haymarket on Tuesday, and Prince of Denmark (let's just say I fell asleep) at the Ambassador's Theatre on Wednesday.
 
On Friday I (finally) used my CAPA voucher from the fair in Sept and went on the Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour. I don't want to give away too much, because for some reason, I have a smidge of moral fibre left. With that in mind, the tour takes you around specific places in the West End, Covent Garden, and the Strand mostly. It was two hours of nerdiness and a wonderful way to spend a Friday afternoon.
 
Non-Sherlock-Holmes related, I must remind myself to go back to visit Lyceum Theatre, because yes that IS the one that Bram Stoker and Henry Irving were involved in. And, well, there is a queer history lesson revolving the men themselves, but that's a different story for another day.
 
On Saturday I went on a quick visit to Clapham Common, then hung out with Al, Matt, and Rasa in New Cross. Well, Rasa and I kind of went on a shopping excursion to Lewisham, but at least for some of it, the four of us hung out.

Sunday involved Christmas shopping at Brent Cross for my host family. I treated myself to a Krispy Kreme donut afterwards. Not only have I not had a Krispy Kreme donut for a few years, but there are no remaining Krispy Kreme locations in MN.

Last night, Tuesday, was very busy in particular. My morning class had a field trip over to the East End of London, where we had a Kray brothers specified tour, which ended in Shoreditch. My afternoon class had a field trip over to the Guardian. After my classes, I saw a spectacular performance of Spamalot.

Another reminder that the next time I'm over at the South Bank, I should try Red Bull fudge. Yup, that is actually a thing.

Tonight I'm seeing a filming of a comedy show hosted by Adam Hills. I love his work, so I'm very excited. I'm hoping that the rest of this week will feel less... all over the place that the last one felt like.

Til next time, lovelies!

Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment